Excited!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisc

Guru
Banjo said:
Chris U obviously dont love your bike enough.My Scott lived in the bedroom at first until Mrs Banjo gently relegated it to the living room then eventually the shed ;)

Oh dear, it is just in the garage tho, so I can pop out the kitchen door and make sure everything is clean and adjusted and the tyres have enough air and the brakes are ok and the chain and cassette is clean and the exposed bar tape is still as green as the bit under the hoods and the rims are straight and the spokes are tight and clean and the paint is shiny and there's no specs of grease or dirt anywhere and take the saddle of to clean inside the seat tube and under the saddle in case it got damp and I'll pop the wheels off while dangling it from the garage roof to clean inside the forks and get into all the nooks and crannies round the brakes and hubs with a little brush and duster and then polish it a bit more with the good furniture polish that used to last a few weeks...using the best dusters that all have black marks on them now. Oh, and not forgetting to toothbrush clean the new white tyres and sometimes I bring it into the conservatory while reading a cycling book or two so I can and keep an eye on it...
I only spend a few hours a day on these things....;) in between rides..

OP
OP
Benthedoon

Benthedoon

I've been given permission to keep it in the lounge!! My (now amazing) wife even chose a very nice spot for it.
Now I have the problem of making sure the kids don't touch it, hmmm, gaffa tape - I can gaffa tape the kids to the ceiling - problem solved.

Guvnor

Benthedoon said:
I've been given permission to keep it in the lounge!! My (now amazing) wife even chose a very nice spot for it.
Now I have the problem of making sure the kids don't touch it, hmmm, gaffa tape - I can gaffa tape the kids to the ceiling - problem solved.

:biggrin::laugh:;):laugh:

That made me chuckle reading that:smile:

OP
OP
Benthedoon

Benthedoon

Well it's not here yet, they said 4-5 days but day 5 has been and gone, I'd better get on the blower tomorrow and find out what's going on.
We all know what's going to happen, it'll turn up on Monday when it's chucking it down with rain - no fun for me!

Norm

Oh, that's a bugger. Hope that doesn't sour it too much.

OP
OP
Benthedoon

Benthedoon

It has soured it a bit but the most annoying thing is that they couldn't even give me a vague idea of when to expect it, looks like I'll be getting my pedal upgrade for free anyway.

taxing

It could be worse, I'm having to wait for my new bike and it's going to take four weeks. I'm torn between pant-wetting levels of excitement and wanting to throw myself on the floor and have a temper tantrum because I want it now now NOW. :tongue:

OP
OP
Benthedoon

Benthedoon

I feel your pain, it's a perfect day for a ride and I'm stuck with drooling over pictures of something I should be sitting on!!!! I too want my bike now now NOW.

OP
OP
Benthedoon

Benthedoon

IT'S FINALLY IN MY POSSESSION, THE NEW EDITION TO THE FAMILY!!!!
I had to do a bit of chasing but well worth it and, as a bonus, it came with upgraded forks - full carbon, which is very nice.
Time to put the kids to bed and go for a ride.

Top Bottom