Exciting news about your ticket........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cheshirerob

They've had me again. Heart racing, scrambling to remember my password, finally log in, congratulations you have won....................£2.50.

That is not exciting news. They should not email teasing waffle, then when you next log in, a surprise couple of quid in your account.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
It all adds up

OP
OP
cheshirerob

cheshirerob

If you don't want it can I send you my bank details?

Certainly, if you send me your account number, sort code, name, address, online banking login details, your wifes maiden name, the first school you attended and the name of your favourite pet. Ill send the monies over right away 😀

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bad luck... Actually, slightly less good luck! :okay:

I had the opposite happen - I thought that someone was trying to get something from me, rather than give something to me so irritation at first, rather than excitement...

Mystery woman: "Hi, is that ColinJ?"

ColinJ: "Yes, who are you?"

Woman: "Yeah, I'm Debbie from Sound on Sound magazine."

ColinJ: "I renewed my subscription a few weeks ago."

Woman: "No, it's not about your sub - you won our competition!"

ColinJ (heart now racing): "Er, which one - I enter all of your competitions?"

Woman: "It was for a synthesiser workstation! Do you want to drive down to our office in Cambridge to pick it up, or shall we send it to you by courier?"

ColinJ: "Flippin' heck - that is worth £1,800. I don't drive, so please send it up here!"

Woman: "Okay, Col, you should get it tomorrow."

I did! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
cheshirerob

cheshirerob

Bad luck... Actually, slightly less good luck! :okay:

I had the opposite happen - I thought that someone was trying to get something from me, rather than give something to me so irritation at first, rather than excitement...

That is flipping brilliant.
I have never known anyone to win anything from a magazine, apart from the generic Barry from Glamorgan (sorry Barry). Who also incidentally, usually appeared in the problem pages of Dear Deirdre 🤷🏼‍♂️

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
That is flipping brilliant.
I have never known anyone to win anything from a magazine, apart from the generic Barry from Glamorgan (sorry Barry). Who also incidentally, usually appeared in the problem pages of Dear Deirdre 🤷🏼‍♂️
I have also won £2,000 and £1,000 in other competitions. All 3 wins were in old-fashioned 'tie breaker' competitions - 'In no more than 100 words, tell us what..." that kind of thing. Unfortunately, that type is no longer common. These days they are usually stupidly obvious question comps such as "Who was the captain of the Enterprise: (1) Boris Johnson, (2) Margaret Thatcher, or (3) James T. Kirk." Effectively, random prize draws.

I have won a few things just by luck. When the Tour de France was coming to Britain, Giant ran a competition with 50 cycling helmets for prizes. I figured (a) That many people wouldn't bother entering for such low value (£50) prizes and (b) With so many prizes, there was a 50-times increase in the odds of winning. I was right...

DRHysted

Guru
They say the use of the line “exciting news about your ticket” is part of the fraud prevention system. That and the fact they will never announce how much you’ve won in an email, or add a link to click on.
Simply “exciting news about your ticket, log onto your account”.

Top Bottom