excuse me While I wet myself

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
Well the OP case has been reopened yesterday and so cycling will no doubt continue to hit the headlines, for all the wrong reasons, during this coming season. I agree that the investigations and court cases should be settled so that there is no doubt in peoples minds but the time taken to get to any conclusion is frustrating to say the least.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave5N

Über Member
Keith Oates said:
Well the OP case has been reopened yesterday and so cycling will no doubt continue to hit the headlines, for all the wrong reasons, during this coming season. I agree that the investigations and court cases should be settled so that there is no doubt in peoples minds but the time taken to get to any conclusion is frustrating to say the least.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now you've answered your own question, Keith. OP reopens, Contador, Bruyneel etc excluded the day before.

Think Prudhomme still has influential friends? I do.

Think the UCI bit off more than they could chew when they made the grand Tours central under Verbruggen? I do.

Dave5N

Über Member
girofan said:
C'mon guys, face it, they are all at it! Why do you not see faces contorted with pain, spittle over chins and riders 'blowing big-time' any more?
Riders can peddle up mountain passes at 19mph with a smile on their face breathing through the nose. What does that signify?
If amateur riders tried that they would expire with the effort!
It may seem unfair to some that Astana have been singled out, but hopefully it will send a message to Cofidis, Rabobank and Highroad that the party is well and truly over.
The UCI and McQuaid can huff and puff as much as they like, but history will show that they are part of the problem, not the solution. Anyone caught with the suspicion of doping in an ASO promoted race will be cast out into the wilderness of a UCI Protour event!!!

Nonsense. There are always superior riders. Anyone who has seen Merckx destroy the field will know it isn't always an equal contest.

mondobongo

Über Member
According to a report on Eurosport the OP case has only been reopened to look at the legalities of storing blood in an unregulated enviroment.
However from little acorns maybe the doodah that has been threatening to hit the fan for some time is finally going to get airborne.

Keith Oates

Janner
You're right about the little acorns mondobongo, but by the time the legal boys argue about that and then maybe get onto the people (read riders) involved, a lot of water will have passed under the bridge. It seems to me that the solution or proof could still be a long time in coming.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Keith Oates said:
You're right about the little acorns mondobongo, but by the time the legal boys argue about that and then maybe get onto the people (read riders) involved, a lot of water will have passed under the bridge. It seems to me that the solution or proof could still be a long time in coming.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May be but better late than never!

rich p

ridiculous old lush
andy_wrx said:
Yes, that's the problem...

:evil::biggrin:

Top Bottom