Exercise before flu jab.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got my flu jab booked Saturday .Been informed I will have a temperature check before the jab.

I don't want to miss my morning bike ride - but I am likely to finish my ride about an hour before the jab......

In theory I know this shouldn't raise my core temperature - but would it prudent to give the morning ride a miss tommorow ?

Last edited:

midlife

Guru
You will be fine :smile: Had flu jab today and no temp taken, just the usual questions for a flu jab.

Had they taken my forehead temp it would have been about 35, blooming cold waiting outside the portacabin in the drizzle....

Had mine yesterday.
No temperature taken. Just asked if I was feeling well and as normal.
System actually worked better than it has in past years. We had to book a time slot. Arrived early, joined a queue of one other couple, papers checked and jabbed. Out before our due time. Lots of two metre tapes etc., but I was quite impressed how well it worked.
Saved all the pandemonium of a load of old dodders all going for one of their regular meetups and blocking the place chatting to other old dodderers they hadn't seen for a year.

Last edited:

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I'd just ridden 12 miles to my blood donoring, still perspiring, as the nurse took my temp.
No problems with the reading, though I did explain I'd just finished riding.

Julia9054

Guru
I’m jealous.
My surgery can’t fit me in for a flu jab for over a month and all the community pharmacies are only doing over 65s

bruce1530

Guru
Got mine next week. Apparently it’s in a tent in the car park at the GPs.

By appointment only, don’t be early, don’t be late, bring ID, wear short-sleeved top.

And in general, it’s not “lucky” that you’re getting a jab early, it’s cos they think you’re in a higher-risk group. :-(

I've been told to report to my "normal" doc when in Stuttgart, which surprised me as I currently live in a different city. They said I should call when I'm there and they'll give me a slot.

I'm considered "High risk" because of Asthma, otherwise I wouldn't get it.

pawl

Legendary Member
Had mine yesterday.
No temperature taken. Just asked if I was feeling well and as normal.
System actually worked better than it has in past years. We had to book a time slot. Arrived early, joined a queue of one other couple, papers checked and jabbed. Out before our due time. Lots of two metre tapes etc., but I was quite impressed how well it worked.
Saved all the pandemonium of a load of old dodders all going for one of their regular meetups and blocking the place chatting to other old dodderers they hadn't seen for a year.

I wouldn’t go any near the retirement thread we might be getting on in years but far from as you call us old dodderers.

Top Bottom