Exercise bike routine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Because you’re not doing it right, it’s not about indoors v outdoors, both complement the other, time wise it’s a brilliantly efficient way of staying fit, and keeping the fitness up, or even improving it, try doing the ftp test on Zwift, it’s an absolutely dreadful killer of a thing, then do a training programme to get it up, do the test again and see the improvement it’s worth the suffering, you can also do training drills that are impossible outside ie so many minutes at x Watts, it’s nigh on impossible on the road whilst watching where you’re going, keeping an eye out for cars, then just as you’re nearly done you have to stop at a junction or traffic lights etc, also don’t forget that some peoples jobs have them outside even in winter, go outside for a bike ride when you’re frozen stupid from work, another 2 hours out on a bike ride, I don’t think so.
Sounds ghastly!! But then I’m a Middle Aged pretty decrepit female recreational/utility cyclist with no interest in formal training, racing, club riding.
Ymmv

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I use these videos to give structure to my indoor cycling workouts:
CTXCvideos

BurningLegs

Veteran
Sounds ghastly!! But then I’m a Middle Aged pretty decrepit female recreational/utility cyclist with no interest in formal training, racing, club riding.
Ymmv
No interest in formal training but it seems plenty of interest in either trolling or posting from a position of ignorance in the training forum 🤷‍♂️

DRM

Guru
Ymmv
I have no interest in racing either, that ship sailed a long time ago, but the hills are my weakness, being able to get stronger and a bit less useless was worth the effort used to get to that point, and to keep that ability up when unable to get out too.

johnblack

Über Member
Indoor training on a static is perfect for short intense workouts, it doesn’t have to be for race prep or anything in particular other than general fitness and condition. It absolutely compliments your outdoor rides, by keeping your strength and cardio at a good level when you do not have the time to get outdoors and put in some miles…..and I’d take a decent mag static over a turbo anytime, but that’s just personal preference.

I’d also recommend RI:blush:D on YouTube, really well planned sessions, the chap did a few of the earlier GCN training videos.

Top Bottom