Exersising with a cold....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidg

I've read about neck test mentioned above as well...

I think it was Joe Friel...I cant remember the condition that you can get if lower but it involved virus or bacteria (cant remember which) travelling into your heart!

yenrod

Gary Askwith said:
I'm confident this question crops up regularly in this section but I dont have the time ( and I'm too idle:blush:) to trawl through the section looikng for an answer.
I have a stinking cold (not the flu) but am keen to get some miles in now the snow has buggered off so what is the consensus about doing sustained (but not heavy) exersise with a cold?
I also do running, well jogging and swimming a few times a week; what effect will it have on those activities?
I'm sure a GP would say rest and do nothing but I dont trust my overpaid quacks opinion on anything.

Thanks in anticipation :ohmy:

No wonder you've got a cold; swim, cycle & run...youmust be quite busy !

yenrod

Gary Askwith said:
I'm confident this question crops up regularly in this section but I dont have the time ( and I'm too idle:blush:) to trawl through the section looikng for an answer.
I have a stinking cold (not the flu) but am keen to get some miles in now the snow has buggered off so what is the consensus about doing sustained (but not heavy) exersise with a cold?
I also do running, well jogging and swimming a few times a week; what effect will it have on those activities?
I'm sure a GP would say rest and do nothing but I dont trust my overpaid quacks opinion on anything.

Thanks in anticipation :biggrin:

yenrod

Gary Askwith said:

Thanks in anticipation ;)

CorsairC

Über Member
I'm in he same boat. Chesty since mid Dec. Was quite bad but getting better just very slowly. Cold air just makes me worse. Going crazy being off the bike.

Only had a cold originally buT cycled on Very foggy cold night and went downhill after that. My own fault.

CorsairC

Über Member
I'm in he same boat. Chesty since mid Dec. Was quite bad but getting better just very slowly. Cold air just makes me worse. Going crazy being off the bike.

Only had a cold originally buT cycled on Very foggy cold night and went downhill after that. My own fault.

CorsairC

Über Member

ASC1951

Guru
CorsairC said:
I'm in he same boat. Chesty since mid Dec. Was quite bad but getting better just very slowly. Cold air just makes me worse.
Ah, not just me, then. I was worried that this winter was the beginning of my decline into senility and yellow underwear.

Top Bottom