Exertion migraine

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arsen Gere

Über Member
Talk to your doctor.

Having said that I've had head aches over the years due to neck problems, the cold - wear a hat under your helmet, over exersion - like the dull type you get from coughing to much, lack of food on longer trips.

But seriously. Talk to your doctor first and rule out anything nasty.

Manonabike

Über Member
I get that too and I have never found a cure for it, although, I make sure that I drink plenty and sometimes that works.

I also find that the body gets used to an amount of exertion and migraines stop at that point but when you push it a bit more I find that migraines come back :sad:

Manonabike

Über Member
I'm never quite sure what the official definition of migraine is, but for what it's worth every now and again I get nasty sick headaches that always start with a small 'twinkling light' warning in my peripheral vision, like a little arc of rainbow. The arc grows and grows until it fills my vision and I end up with a stinking headache and nausea. I've had these a few times when cycling, particularly in very cold weather. (It's one of the reasons I don't wear a helmet any more as wearing one seemed to trigger this process <ducks>.) But if I see even the tiniest warning light beginning and I take two ibuprofen, it usually stops the process completely, so I always carry ibuprofen with me. I have to be strict about stopping at once and taking the tablets with a mouthful of food though.

That is a pretty good definition of a migraine. Unfortunately, ibrufen does nothing for me but the neurologist prescribed Maxalt rizatriptan a few years ago and that works about 80% of the times.

OP
OP
gary in derby

gary in derby

Thanks guys, will see the docs (at some point) but have drpped the intensity (slowed down a bit) and ive not had one for a while, though hills are a worry.

Top Bottom