Exmoor Beast - a classic?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Well perhaps I worded my last post incorrectly; I just would have liked to know what reasons ferret fur had for asking the question, rather than someone else ruminating on what the reasons "maybe". With regard to your suggestion that my postings are "sales patter", I stand by my previous posting; I do what I do to further the sport I love; it's as simple as that.

vorsprung

Veteran
I'd like to address the above points, made by vorsprung.

Any chance you'll join this year's party vorsprung?

No
1) it clashes with the Dartmoor Devil, which I am going to ride
2) as you point out, it is always sold out

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

1) Good to see vorsprung that you're prepared to ride the Dartmoor Devil "at the end of October when the weather is terrible." ( you're own qoute of the 3 Oct above as a reason not to ride the Exmoor Beast.) The clash of the two events is unfortunate but the cycling calendar is now very crowded. Anyway, both fixtures continue to be well supported.
2) I've never pointed out that the Exmoor Beast is always sold out, as you state above vorsprung. The situation at the moment is that 1400 are already signed-up for ' The Beast ' ( currently 17% up on last time) and more entries are expected before the booking system closes at midnight on Monday 22nd October.

Let's hope both rides are blessed with tolerable weather and all who take part enjoy a good and safe day out on the bike.

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

With Exmoor Beast registrations now approaching 1600, just a final reminder that entries must close tonight!!!
Extra parking capacity now arranged with Butlins.
Big thanks to all who have signed up so far; looks like it's going to be a great climax to the sportive season.
Cheers.

MichaelO

Veteran
Only a few days to go - not entirely sure I'm ready for this, but should be "fun" anyway! Weather is looking cold, but dry, which is fine by me!

OP
OP
R

Ron Keegan

Only just now - post event - getting to this.
Another beast of a day on Exmoor but - non the less - enjoyed by the vast majority; much positive feedback and complimentary comments.
Thanks to all you guys and gals who supported the event - you were amazing.

Top Bottom