Exmouth Exodus - 14/15 June 2008

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norv

Are you sure it's gonna be too far?! What's the furthest you've been so far? You have to remember that people will be setting off as early as 9:30 and getting to the cafe as late as 8 am. That gives you ten and a half hours to complete the distance. There's also gonna be organised stops for food and drink, including a major one at half way, with hot food. Your choice though.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've cycled a maximum of about 38 miles in one day, and I hate hills (Muller Rd, Water Lane - WOT (yes I know very short but I still walk it occasionally), A38 Bedminster Rd/Bridgewater Rd, Park Street, Wedmore Vale etc) in Bristol ... the ones outside look even worse and at 4am in the morning I can't see me being able to cycle up one.

I mentioned it to some friends last night ... who thought I had got the information wrong that it was during the night:biggrin: ... but I will try working on them for next year.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Summerdays - checkout the website for more details. Basically we'll be gathering at Channing's Hotel from about half eight. See you there!

Norv - don't forget, the cafe doesn't open until 7, so don't go off too early and too fast!

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Cheers Keith. :biggrin:
Hopefully we'll see you on a future ride. :biggrin:

Right, Baggy and I are off this afternoon to buy supplies. Any special requests?

GrahamG

Guru
Can I leave a little tub of soya milk with you at channing's for the tea stops? :rolleyes: I'm vegan you see and can't quite squeeze it into my saddlebag.

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
GrahamG said:
Can I leave a little tub of soya milk with you at channing's for the tea stops? :rolleyes: I'm vegan you see and can't quite squeeze it into my saddlebag.
Consider it done.
Am I right in thinking that Bourbon biccies are vegan friendly? Any advice on bisuits and general snackage will be gratefully received.

redfox

Malt loaf?

Though don't invest on my account, hoping to be there but the met office forecast says I'll be battling an increasing headwind all the way there.

Dont want to arrive too knackered carry on! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom