Experience with Planet X wheels?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've done about 5,000 miles in the last year on a pair of Model B's and have been really pleased with them. Very well balanced and free running. They're still just as true as when they were new despite some off roading on them. The only mildly annoying thing is the loud freewheel sound (and yes, it's Shimano).

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
Just an update - done 1050km on them and a rear non-drive side spoke snapped. After some time on the phone to them, I explained what happened, how long I've had them (less than a year) - only been using them since April - hopefully they're going to send me a replacement spoke (well they've said they will!)

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Although I'm not looking at buying any more, has anybody seen the new 250gram rims? Lightest wheel for price on the market surely!

Proto

Legendary Member
I've got a set of model B's - good wheels, strong and light.
£99, you'd be crazy not to!

Agreed. Had mine 18 months or so on my winter/commuter/training bike. Not had a single problem with them. Mine are Campag freehub, so no spline issues
smile.gif

buddha

Veteran
I checked the freehub on my model-b's and A57's last week. Each has over 2500 miles with only a little (edit: spline) damage. Although I do use a Sram casssettes now BTW.

Top Bottom