"Expletive deleted" - anyone having trouble with Twitter tonight?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
My account keeps getting locked. I click on the "unlock" button on the twitter home page but something or someone is resetting my account back to locked status. Something to do with stopping the 'bots I gather - and christ knows I've reported a lot of bots and spammers on there lately..plus a few abusive trolls..

..could it be they've decided to get revenge? :huh::blink:

I'm not getting anything after clicking on the "unlock" button either. Just a blank browser screen...

ScotiaLass

Guru
hacked??

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I dont know tbh. All my normal messages are there,no weird ones to dirty websites or anything.. Today its telling me it wants my phone number to check I'm "human"... either they dont know a lot about me or they're scamming for charging me for texts..

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I don't know how I've managed to cope without Twitter in my life.

Looks like I need to introduce some agro and disruption to my placid lifestyle - I don't want to miss out. :okay:

I don't know how I've managed to cope without Twitter in my life.

Looks like I need to introduce some agro and disruption to my placid lifestyle - I don't want to miss out. :okay:
Its easy to replicate. Just ring up everyone you know 4 or 5 times a day and tell them you've eaten an apple, or seen a good film or it's snowing.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Twitter aint that bad. You can talk to lots of interesting people. I'd never have learned so much until I started conversing with Professors and pHD grads on there. Oh and if you like pies there's Team Sky parody cycling from Team Pie. They even made the kit too.

vernon

I think I'll cope without Twitter and the Twitterati. I don't need the reflected glory of 'conversing' with 'big hitters'.

vernon

I have had a Twitter account for six years if truth be known. I've used it once - to confirm the sighting of the Vulcan bomber over Leeds last year.

I've not been motivated enough to find out how to filter the shite that comes my way so it sits redundant and uninstalled as an app.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I have had a Twitter account for six years if truth be known. I've used it once - to confirm the sighting of the Vulcan bomber over Leeds last year.

I've not been motivated enough to find out how to filter the shite that comes my way so it sits redundant and uninstalled as an app.
TBH I think Facebook is a hell of a lot worse. I rarely get to see messaged/posts from people I actually know on there due to the obligatory newsfeeds. Twitter can be set so you dont follow/sub to anyone you dont want to. There are a few ads but they're about 3 a day imo.

Top Bottom