Explosive medicine....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I have this in case I feel a bit of a cardio-wobbler or Angina, but rarely if ever need it .... doesn't half give you a thumping headache though for a few minutes ....

Amyl nitrate does something similar. When I was an undergraduate, a housemate spilled half a litre of it on the living room carpet - don't ask. We had to move the television into the kitchen for several days as our pulses would race and we'd get pounding headaches every time we entered the living room.

subaqua

What’s the point
Amyl nitrate does something similar. When I was an undergraduate, a housemate spilled half a litre of it on the living room carpet - don't ask. We had to move the television into the kitchen for several days as our pulses would race and we'd get pounding headaches every time we entered the living room.
Poppers , apparently a great muscle relaxant too. Might be wrong though

young Ed

Veteran
Agricultural fertilisers are not explosives. They are oxidising agents. Under normal storage conditions they pose no threat whatsoever. So no I wouldn't worry about six tonnes of fertiliser stored in, at or near my home. In the grand scheme of things six tonnes is not a lot. Users of ammonium nitrate are advised to limit the size of their stacks to three hundred tonnes.

You need to acquaint yourself with the relevant HSE documentation and get to grips with the extremely low risks of properly stored fertilisers.
fair enough, thanks!
and yes 6 tons is nothing i realise that, considering these farmers i am on about are small scale and spread well less then 100 acres a year each. but at the same time 6 tons is a bit more than the box of fert you can buy down your local garden centre and a bit more than the plasters in the OP

whilst not a explosive them selves as you rightly say they are an ingredient in bombs and explosives often though, if i'm honest with you i'm not quite sure of the details as i'm no terrorist and have no other need for bombs/explosives. but what i do know is we have had the police warning individual farmers in our area of theft and recommending we spread it as soon as we can due to the risk of theft for explosives making, there have been a few such thefts i believe
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom