Extension case for images.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I'm having a problem uploading images with the extension .JPG, .jpg works fine. The file selection doesn't show them and I note does not include upper case among the file types. Since I'm using Chrome on Linux that could be the area where the problem lies but other sites are OK.

Last edited:
Since I'm using Chrome on Linux
I am pretty certain that is exactly where the problem lies. I can test it for you tonight on my husband's laptop, but I suspect it is a @Shaun that needs to be yelled.

Ta, had forgotten you worked in IT. Is it good to get a bit done now & again? I must admit I miss my databases!!!
I don't think I miss my users though! Now if I could be allowed to get one with my work without them.... :laugh:

We will see what @Shaun says. I'm not certain if he is at the limit or not, so we will have to wait and see... otherwise you will have to write yourself a batch file that names your files for you!

Shaun

Founder
This isn't limited to our forum software and from what I can gather is an issue with flash uploaders (which allow you to upload multiple files at once).

You can turn off the flashuploader here at CC - just visit your account preferences: https://www.cyclechat.net/account/preferences - and untick the option and save changes:

upload_2015-7-5_0-12-24.png

Let me know if this sorts it?

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

OP
OP
mybike

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
IMG_0703.JPG

Shaun

Seems you're right. Doesn't appear to change anything else. Except that once you've done you can still see all the files. Tried logging out & in, edit and new post and now I can see despite the upper case extensions. Looks like magic. Thanks. :bravo:

Last edited:

Shaun

Founder
If you just renamed the *.JPEG file to *.jpeg, would that work?

It would (and this was one of the other suggestions widely made when I was searching for a fix), but it's a bit extreme asking someone to rename all their file extensions just so they can post images on your forum. :addict:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom