Extra large waterproof fingered gloves recommendation please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
As per title, I have extremely large hands and an looking for a roomy pair of waterproof gloves for winter commuting.

I wear with separate liners, either heated or unheated dependent on temperature. I use crab claw for subzero and have planetx ones for that which are excellent.

I find online sizing guides completely unreliable, so experience based recommendations would be much appreciated.

A plea not to go into general advice on gloves if possible!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I think you'll struggle to find some. My Altura Night vision were good when new, but by the time they are washed a few times they do get wet. More importantly is keeping your fingers warm, and they do that.

Bear in mind we are all different and some people get cold hands or have reynauds, and one person's advice is no good for another. I generally just wear summer long finger MTB gloves in cold weather, and thicker stuff in sub zero only.

I have large hands and on wet rides I wear Sealskinz gloves which seem to keep my hands quite dry, although they do sweat up a bit from the inside. However, if my hands are even slightly wet it's quite a faff getting my hands into the gloves.

vickster

Legendary Member
You’ve tried every model and brand and failed using their size guide and a tape measure?
Go to a shop rather than buying online? 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
You’ve tried every model and brand and failed using their size guide and a tape measure?
Go to a shop rather than buying online? 🤷‍♀️

No, I hoped to avoid ordering and returning multiple gloves by getting a recommendation, hence the post.

Shops which physically stock a wide range of glove brands are pretty much nonexistent IME.

Top Bottom