Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

presta

Guru
Yes, I'd considered using the rucsac for the shopping, but it was lifting the rucsac onto my back that caused the TE in the first place. I've just been carrying smaller loads more frequently (Tescos have noticed, they've stopped sending me money-off vouchers completely!). It's tempting to think there's an improvement after I've been careful for a while, but then I carried a heavier load on Monday and it's as bad as ever now. There's no car, and I have a problem lifting the bike and squeezing the brake levers. I haven't been able to cycle much for years, so the loss of strength probably made me vulnerable to getting TE. If it's as much as £4k (per elbow?) that's out of the question. I had an ultrasound on the left elbow last April, but as the right one developed in between the referral and the appointment, the right side is just self-diagnosed (but worse than the left). The GP said I'd benefit from physio, but told me I'd have to go private if I wanted it.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes, I'd considered using the rucsac for the shopping, but it was lifting the rucsac onto my back that caused the TE in the first place. I've just been carrying smaller loads more frequently (Tescos have noticed, they've stopped sending me money-off vouchers completely!). It's tempting to think there's an improvement after I've been careful for a while, but then I carried a heavier load on Monday and it's as bad as ever now. There's no car, and I have a problem lifting the bike and squeezing the brake levers. I haven't been able to cycle much for years, so the loss of strength probably made me vulnerable to getting TE. If it's as much as £4k (per elbow?) that's out of the question. I had an ultrasound on the left elbow last April, but as the right one developed in between the referral and the appointment, the right side is just self-diagnosed (but worse than the left). The GP said I'd benefit from physio, but told me I'd have to go private if I wanted it.
Yes would be per elbow, would be two ops with recovery time between

I'd pay for the Physio. About £40-50 a session. Find a sports Physio who does ultrasound/dry needling, acupuncture as well as deep tissue massage

Top Bottom