'Ey Up from Yorkshire!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slug56

Hi guys,
I'm Stu, born and bred in God's own county... :angel:

I used to cycle perhaps 10 years ago as a teenager when my family and I used to go on our summer holidays. I loved it at the time, but spent the years between then and now without a bike. Took the plunge a couple of years ago and bought myself a Boardman Road Comp in the sale with the TdF / Olympics going on. I absolutely love it and we've done about 12,000 miles together so far.

Last summer I went cycle-touring around France with a friend for a month. We took a bike trailer (BOB Yak) and loaded it with camping equipment. That was without doubt one of the best experiences of my life and I'm itching to do it again soon. (Might do a post with lots of pictures from this soon)

About 4 months ago I had a not-so-great experience and crashed out. Landed on my face and ended up with a broke nose and 6 skull fractures. I'm now the proud owner of 7 metal plates in my face. Not deterred (too much), I'm back in the saddle and most of my cycling time now is commuting to work.

I'm looking to treat myself with a shiny new road bike, at which point I can designate my Boardman as my commuter. I'm eyeing up the Cannondale SuperSix Evo Hi-Mod frameset and thinking about building something up from that.

Looking forward to chatting with you all and I'm not sure why I didn't sign up sooner!

TL;DR: I love cycling, broke my face, want a new bike! :bicycle:

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum. :welcome: im glad your back on your bike. Hope you enjoy CC:hello:

Martin p

A big :welcome: From sunny Sheffield mate . Glad to hear you're recovering from the crash in the right way ......getting a new bike ^_^. Would love to tour in France but can't see it happening . :sad:

Top Bottom