F1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I'm not really a F1 fan but I do keep an eye on what's happening. It seems to me the McLaren are really getting hammered at every turn and the other teams know that any complaint about them will result in giving the other teams an advantage.

Championship leader Hamilton will start in ninth and Kovalainen eighth after earlier occupying the second row at the Sepang circuit.

After completing their final hot lap they slowed down, leading to complaints from BMW's Nick Heidfeld and Renault's Fernando Alonso that they blocked the race line and cost them time.

Unquote

Pay back time I guess, if you couldn't beat him on the track then try something else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noodley

not how I heard it, but then again I was not listening too hard..or caring too much :biggrin::biggrin:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The McLarens have always had a hard time whether it being the double break system or team orders (ho ho ho).

Like I said before should be a good race. It's not a track that is strong for McLaren or based on the limited knowledge of last year a strong track for Hamilton.

stevenb

At least he finished 5th and is still 3 points clear so far.
The Ferraris were the strongest team all weekend.
Hamilton can only drive to his best ability and if the car isn't up to scratch then they'll have to make it better.....:biggrin:

OP
OP
Keith Oates

Keith Oates

Janner
I also think the Ferrari's have the edge but being dropped to 9th on the grid didn't help his chances. He has a very testing year ahead of him, but with the money he's being paid I guess it's worth the effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stevenb

I always think the cars performances reach their mutruity midway through the season. Ironing out little faults etc....but usually Ferrari's and McLarens don't break down.....so I reckon this season will be very tight. There are quite a few drivers in with a chance this year...so it makes for a more competitive season....perhaps the most competitve for many a long year.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I don't thimk Mclaren can complain about the penalty. Both drivers stayed on the racing line during their slowing down lap and put other drivers in danger, Heidfelt only just avoided a high speed accident when he had to avoid them.

Should be another great season though, both top teams are very close.

Top Bottom