Fab Day for a Ride!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just got back from a lovely ride, only 13 miles on my little mtb, but really enjoyed it, no wind, glorious sunshine, perfect temperature and ended up slurping a latte in the sun down at preston docks watching the boats and pretending I was back in La Rochelle!!!! :biggrin: Not the worst way to spend my day off, could have quite happily stayed there all afternoon if I didn't have other stuff to do :evil:

In fact, that's my problem at the moment...after not being on the bike for various reasons for large chunks of the year, all I seem to manage at the moment is rides of about 10miles about 3 times a week due to lack of time...any idea if that will get me any fitter?

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Regular riding is the key, 10 miles may not be much but getting out three times a week will keep you in fine fettle and build a good base for when you have the time for longer rides.

I am off today and i have just got back froma 25 miler, it is glorious down here too and I regretted the leg warmers after I went out. Couldn't take them off as I had black socks on!

bonj2

it was so nice outside this morning when i got to work I stood outside the door for ages, and dint' want to go in!

Yeah it was a great day, pity I was at work :biggrin:. Nevermind I went out for a couple of miles at lunchtime :evil:. The peds were so funny when I was out. As I was heading down a steep street by a local uni, a student was walking straight up towards me in the middle of my lane, head in her books, not a care in the world or noticing anything outside her's. Got to another point and another group of peds were standing in the middle of a left turn lane grouped round a map or something. They got beeped at a couple of times they just ignored that and got beeped at a few times more. :blush:

Dormouse

It was a beautiful day here as well but a bit hazy so the views of the mountains could have been better. I did a 55 mile circuit around the Denbigh Moors...oh the joy of being self employed....that is one way to get more time off!

urbanrider

punkypossum said:
In fact, that's my problem at the moment...after not being on the bike for various reasons for large chunks of the year, all I seem to manage at the moment is rides of about 10miles about 3 times a week due to lack of time...any idea if that will get me any fitter?

thats how i started out 3 times a week but was doing about 50 60 miles
(10 each way) I felt i was getting fitter and stronger so i think it would help in your fittness i guess it all depends on how fit you would like to be :evil:

water

Day off and had a lovely,if slightly chilly,ride to Edgehead/Pathead on the back roads:smile:.Lovely views from up there,Edinburgh was 'bathed' in mist [lets not call it smog!!] and Fife also.Wished I had taken a camera:evil:

water said:
Day off and had a lovely,if slightly chilly,ride to Edgehead/Pathead on the back roads:smile:.Lovely views from up there,Edinburgh was 'bathed' in mist [lets not call it smog!!] and Fife also.Wished I had taken a camera:evil:

Yeah it was a great day again, unfortunately I had to work again :biggrin: but I went out for 6 miles at lunch and the views from Edinburgh are really good too :evil:.

I love how in some cities like Edinburgh you can quite easily get off the beaten track in to some quiet residential streets which are deserted during the day.

Top Bottom