1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fab Fabian

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by vorsprung, 11 Jul 2007.

1. vorsprung

vorsprung Über Member

I want Cancellara to win the whole thing now. That finish was epic. For him do that in yellow was like Eddie Merckx or something. Marvellous.

2. chris42

chris42 New Member

Yes all depends if he can hang on to his team in the high mountains!
    A big ask but Indurain did it!

3. skut

skut New Member

Hey kids, aren't y'all getting a bit carried away.

You're not obliged to suspend your disbelief, you know.

4. chris42

chris42 New Member

He's strong, has quite a good team and can really timetrial and with 2 long time trials to come.....

5. Last year Canch won Paris-Roubaix but wasn't selected for the Tour, despite being likely to top the prologue, because he can't climb.

Sastre is CSC leader and a climber. CSC will rally round him when it gets hilly, including Canch as a domestique.

If Sastre falters, Shleck might be an alternative leader if he's going well, Voigt too perhaps - and I reckon one or both of these two could get a stage.

But not Canch, although it was great to see all the sprinters' teams mess-up yesterday and him win the stage.

6. dbg

dbg New Member

Yes all depends if he can hang on to his team in the high mountains!
    A big ask but Indurain did it!

7. chris42

chris42 New Member

I follow it a bit but I said IF he can hang on. He is a big powerfull guy and hasn't climbed well in the past but.....

8. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Nothing is impossible, but I would be very suprised if he continues in Yellow once the hills start!!!

9. chris42

chris42 New Member

Yes I agree
    He has an outside chance of top 10 with the 2 long time trials if he can pull out performances like the prolog.

10. Well this is what the man himself says....

From Le Tour's own website

11. Monty Dog

Monty Dog New Member

He'll be lucky to keep within 30 minutes by the end of the weekend. Although Indurain was nearly as big, he'd already proven himself with a mountain victory in 1989 before he went on to take his 5 victories.

12. bcfchamp

bcfchamp New Member

You go deep, you go max, you go over your limit you go Full Gas! He is such an inspiration!

13. Hacienda71

Hacienda71 Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire

That has got to be one of the oldest thread resurrections of all time. ^_^:thumbsup:

DP, Peteaud and Rob3rt like this.
  14. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Man or Moose!

And one of the oddest!