Fabian Cancellara

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinsnos

Just watching the 2012 Tour de France.

Fabian Cancellara looks ‘massive’! He’s twice the width as some of the riders!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Same size as me on a very good day! 1.86 m tall and about 81 kg (6' 1", 12 st 10 lbs).

Mind you, a lot of more of his weight would have been muscle!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Very powerful rider, hence TT World Champ. You must youtube the super fast descent he did, or his escape off the front in Paris Roubaix

OP
OP
M

Martinsnos

Very powerful rider, hence TT World Champ. You must youtube the super fast descent he did, or his escape off the front in Paris Roubaix

Cheers.
On one punditry bit [later years] they were saying how all track sprinters can squat 200kgs!!!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Some climbers really are tiny then!
One of Marco Pantani's Bianchi bikes was passed about between Bianchi dealers about 20 years ago. I saw it in a local shop and it was really small!

I spotted Pantani in person at a cafe on the Costa Blanca a couple of years before he died. Yes, he was tiny. Not only fairly short, but also incredibly scrawny. I saw him again a few days later. He was going up a climb as fast as I would normally ride on the flat!

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Some climbers really are tiny then!

They are - Mason Hollyman who broke the UK Everesting record last weekend - is a twig. He's about 5' 7" and stick-thin* . He climbs brilliantly though.

* I can get away with that as he's local, my 15yo and him/his brother were in the same club, and I know his Dad :okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom