Fabric toe straps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sharky

Guru
Nice photos. My first decent bike was a Hill Special, which I rode fixed until it was nicked from outside Woolies in Prescot.

simongt

Guru
I would have thought that they wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole.
Wee scumbags who will nick anything that isn't bolted down rarely think of ease of disposal, just - 'ere, that could be worth a bob or two.' :evil:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
View attachment 373214
I mean this sort of thing, anyone use this type and would recommend or are the readership of cc all.too old and unhip (as I am really if truth be told)
A good alternative would be Powergrips, which fit diagonally across the pedal, so they are looser when your foot is heel out, and tighten up as you straighten your foot.
powergrips-pedal-straps-00120405-9999-1.jpg

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
So I ended up with a pair of these mainly because they are from Yorkshire. Have to say they are excellent, great for
riding in your work shoes, easier than traditional toe clips and no chance of scratching your shoes, and for some reason due to the strap catching on the crank, the just seem to sit up for you to put the other foot in as you set off.

It’s also racked up no 5 in pedal systems for me, I have a bike with these, one with trad toe clips, SPDs, Look Keos and a Brommie with flats.

226506.jpg

OP
OP
T4tomo

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Wow, so many different pedal formats would do my head in...
horses for courses, you don't notice when you're pedalling.
to be honest I don't notice any real difference between keos and spds. I have keos on the posh road bike for posh shoes sunny days and spds on the winter road bike. Toe clips on the 80s steel bike, as that looks right.

I made some imitations of those on my old mountain bike, out of an old luggage strap, and bolted them to the pedals. Didn't look too pretty, but they worked well.

Top Bottom