Fabric toe straps

Discussion in 'Fixed Gear and Single Speed' started by T4tomo, 12 Sep 2017.

1. Sharky

Sharky Veteran

Nice photos. My first decent bike was a Hill Special, which I rode fixed until it was nicked from outside Woolies in Prescot.

2. simongt

simongt Über Member

Wee scumbags who will nick anything that isn't bolted down rarely think of ease of disposal, just - 'ere, that could be worth a bob or two.' :evil:

3. TheCyclingRooster

TheCyclingRooster Über Member

Hi simongt. Yes,even way back in the mid 1960's there were light fingered little ar******s that had no respect for other peoples property and the crooked businesses that would take the stuff in.

4. andrew_s

andrew_s Guru

A good alternative would be Powergrips, which fit diagonally across the pedal, so they are looser when your foot is heel out, and tighten up as you straighten your foot.
    powergrips-pedal-straps-00120405-9999-1.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    T4tomo

T4tomo Über Member

So I ended up with a pair of these mainly because they are from Yorkshire. Have to say they are excellent, great for
    riding in your work shoes, easier than traditional toe clips and no chance of scratching your shoes, and for some reason due to the strap catching on the crank, the just seem to sit up for you to put the other foot in as you set off.

It’s also racked up no 5 in pedal systems for me, I have a bike with these, one with trad toe clips, SPDs, Look Keos and a Brommie with flats.

226506.jpg

6. Time Waster

Time Waster Well-Known Member

I wonder if they'd work with a recumbent? Indeed whether you need anything to hold the foot surname recumbents?

7. 3narf

3narf For whom the bell dings

Wow, so many different pedal formats would do my head in...

8. OP
    OP
    T4tomo

T4tomo Über Member

horses for courses, you don't notice when you're pedalling.
    to be honest I don't notice any real difference between keos and spds. I have keos on the posh road bike for posh shoes sunny days and spds on the winter road bike. Toe clips on the 80s steel bike, as that looks right.

3narf likes this.
  9. Salad Dodger

Salad Dodger Veteran

I made some imitations of those on my old mountain bike, out of an old luggage strap, and bolted them to the pedals. Didn't look too pretty, but they worked well.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice