Facebook spam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Anyone else getting any?

I activated my account a bit back but have been getting messages inviting me to look at nuddy pics and stuff from people like Nikki and Jo. Just found a new one from someone with a surname as well as a first name saying she'd mentioned me in her blog. It weren't genuine.

Can/should I report this to them and how please?

Norm

The ones I get are nothing to do with Facebook., they just use the name in the subject to catch out the unsuspecting.

I get them on email accounts which aren't registered on FB. :angry:

Some of them claim to have been thrown off facebook for posting such pictures. Chances are that they are being received by folks without facebook accounts as
they are turning up on an email address of mine not linked with facebook in any way

Anyone else getting any?

I activated my account a bit back but have been getting messages inviting me to look at nuddy pics and stuff from people like Nikki and Jo. Just found a new one from someone with a surname as well as a first name saying she'd mentioned me in her blog. It weren't genuine.

Can/should I report this to them and how please?

Not too sure - are you getting spam in Facebook (i.e. facebook messages) or are you getting stuff posted to your 'wall' or are you getting emails?
I haven't had any (although I do on Skype).

Make sure your privacy settings are set properly?

OP
OP
longers

longers

Legendary Member
Sorry, should have said, it's in email form and goes direct to my spam folder whereas the occasional genuine one doesn't. From Norms and Ians posts it sounds like someone just using the facebook thing as a cover for general spamming, a bit like getting them from myself as has happened.

Top Bottom