Facebook - what is it all about?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Norm

Does anyone else use LinkedIn? It's like Facebook in a suit, damned handy for working out who knows who.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Norm said:
Does anyone else use LinkedIn? It's like Facebook in a suit, damned handy for working out who knows who.

Mr Summerday's does and it's amazed me to follow links of who knows who on it. But as far as I can see it is also a bit self promotional and about keeping in with work colleagues as they might help you get a job in the future.

Norm

Yeah, that's why I use it. :evil:

I had emails last week about three different jobs, because of my LinkedIn profile. :thumbsup:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Norm said:
Yeah, that's why I use it. :evil:

I had emails last week about three different jobs, because of my LinkedIn profile. :thumbsup:

I think I probably only get to see the side where various people in India keep trying to buddy up with Mr Summerdays trying to get their foot in the door after sending him job applications when their skills aren't relevant to the post being offered, or old work colleagues. He probably has given some interviews via linkedIn contacts too but he probably doesn't mention those ones.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
User1314 said:
Great Dunmow...

...Dunwich Dynamo.

Bit of cockney rhyming slang there you see.

Oh I see, you cockerknees :evil: Yes mate that is the plan and you ?

redddraggon

Blondie
Facebook went downhill when non-students were allowed to join. You used to require an academic email address to register, now anybody can join, and it's so bloated with rubbish it's unreal.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
redddraggon said:
Facebook went downhill when non-students were allowed to join.
true, and even better when they limited the universities to the better ones!

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
Like other 'older' chatters (I'm fifty) I use it very differently from my kids fro whom friend count is some kind of trophy. Have about twenty friends who are either family, real friends from work, neighbours etc and two or three childhood friends.

Friend suggestions now are mostly friends of friends but on first encounter it suggested several people I know. Suspect it starts with people who have searched your name - amongst the other suggestions were several Scots. Although I love the place I've no family or personal contacts but I share a name with a scottish landscape phtographer.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Having blathered on in my earlier post about having only friends as friends, I then realised I have 'friends' on here who I've never met :smile::angry:

I don't know what the friends thing on here is really for, but mine (all 9 of them) are either...
  1. local
  2. like-minded
  3. have done me a favour
  4. I have offered to do them a favour

I have met one of them :tongue:

Am I the only one on the planet who is in dispute with facebook after my name was used on it against my will?

I won't use that pile of 5h1t.

4F said:
I get requests from my daughters friends that I ignore as well as a request from my brother in law who I blocked as I cannot stand the tosspot.It is full of stupid postings by people who clearly need to get a life with posts such as "What shall I have for tea ? "

I started to do that, before realising that it was time to either delete my Arsebook account or kill myself.

Has anyone else posted this, by the way?:laugh:

Top Bottom