Faggin clean up (help) !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
Looks like a cry for help day though compared with the delivery bike restoration my question seems a bit tame. Its regarding the Mavic bottom bracket. On the crankside it has mavic fixe printed and on the other side it says mavic mobile (see photos) what l would like to know is if l want to remove the whole thing for a check and clean up which side do l undo first and in which direction do l attempt to turn the thing ?
I know its basic stuff but l really am trying to be ultra careful with this baby:smile:

Attachments

• 2017-03-31 12.47.00.jpg
    2017-03-31 12.47.00.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 35
  • 2017-03-31 12.47.17.jpg
    2017-03-31 12.47.17.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 2017-03-31 12.47.32.jpg
    2017-03-31 12.47.32.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
OOPS, l should have Googled the Mavic before l asked the question! By the look of it they were made to last a lifetime so Mavic stopped making them.
Apparently they don't require maintenance and l must admit the one on the Faggin runs very smoothly. I will just have to work round it and leave it alone l guess :smile:

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
OOPS, l should have Googled the Mavic before l asked the question! By the look of it they were made to last a lifetime so Mavic stopped making them.
Apparently they don't require maintenance and l must admit the one on the Faggin runs very smoothly. I will just have to work round it and leave it alone l guess :smile:

dont fix if it aint broke was good enough for Sir Terry Wogan and has always worked for me as well

Top Bottom