Faggots are off in the BBC café

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
"Granny ring" in cycling circles, for obvious reasons. Mind you, it gives me an excuse to send a weak pun-related post every time it appears, so.....

SamNichols

On a side note, I recently went to the BBC Club in BBC Manchester (good friend works there), and they have one of the cheapest bars that I've ever come across.

I'd ban the word: 'moist'. I hate it, the way it sounds, its connotations, everything about the word is horrible.

Cab

SamNichols said:
I'd ban the word: 'moist'. I hate it, the way it sounds, its connotations, everything about the word is horrible.

What state should compost be in prior to sowing seeds if not 'moist'?

Oh, and I'd ban most superlatives, i.e. 'mega', 'ultra' etc. Why is nothing just 'good' or 'large' any more, why do so many products need extra superlatives in their titles? I hate it.

SamNichols

Can we use the word: 'damp' instead of moist? I couldn't care less about compost to be honest, you lot will have to make do without the word.

'puter.

as someone who works in IT this annoys the crap out of me. it's not hip, it's not cool, it's not even funny. it's not even much of an abbreviation for computer. it's rubbish.

you might as well say 'ter if you want to abbreviate it. why can't you just say PC instead?

Landslide

Rare Migrant
In the context of "delicious and moist" (© PrettyboyTim) I don't think much of the idea of damp cake. I think we should keep moist in the vernacular...

I'd like to ban "customers". It seems to have replaced "stakeholders" in my place of work, despite the facts that
1) They're not always right (often quite the opposite) and
2) They never buy anything

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
trustysteed said:
'puter.

you might as well say 'ter if you want to abbreviate it. why can't you just say PC instead?
(Runs off to edit posts)

What happens if your 'C' & 'M' keys don't work then eh ? Oh, they just have. :smile:

Is it PC to say PC then ? Or are PC's non-existent ? In which case I'm playing with an abacus in a PC manner.

Top Bottom