Failed my driving test with less than 10 seconds to go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

montage

God Almighty
Oopsy

As I was parking in the test centre after completing the bulk of the test.... didn't check behind me well enough to see if anybody was coming through the gate even though I could see it clearly in the mirrors.... £120 down the drain!:sad:

The worst bit is I was so cocky I was going to pass - going to get some stick now haha

rich p

ridiculous old lush
That's tough, Monty, after all it was only one person:biggrin:

Was it a cyclist?

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
rich p said:
That's tough, Monty, after all it was only one person:biggrin:

Was it a cyclist?

Ey? there was nobody.

The examiner definately wasn't an instructor, had to constantly put a quarter turn to the right to counter act his collection of flab

montage said:
Ey? there was nobody.

How do you know? You didn't check properly. It could have been a child. With a kitten. You're worse than Hitler.

Never mind, the extra lessons will make you a better driver. I failed my first test and am glad I did.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
montage said:
Ey? there was nobody.

The examiner definately wasn't an instructor, had to constantly put a quarter turn to the right to counter act his collection of flab

Oh, sorry, I thought you'd just run over someone and assumed it was a speed bump.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
rich p said:
Oh, sorry, I thought you'd just run over someone and assumed it was a speed bump.

The foul weather kept the little shoots off their BMX bikes so any bump today and I would have actually been concerned

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
Twenty Inch said:
How do you know? You didn't check properly. It could have been a child. With a kitten. You're worse than Hitler.

Never mind, the extra lessons will make you a better driver. I failed my first test and am glad I did.[/QUOTE]

Not having any more - can't afford it!
I've been commuting too and from college with a parent as a passenger for a good month and a half so I'm hardly a nervous driver. It's just really annoying as I can't get anywhere at the moment being unable to cycle and all...ahh well next time

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
So it wasn't a case of like say David Coulthard crashing in the pits

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xl6QV85N7g
? How disappointing.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
montage said:
Oopsy

As I was parking in the test centre after completing the bulk of the test.... didn't check behind me well enough to see if anybody was coming through the gate even though I could see it clearly in the mirrors.... £120 down the drain!:sad:

The worst bit is I was so cocky I was going to pass - going to get some stick now haha

Ouch!! Word of warning to you ... if you're young, they are looking for any little excuse to fail you! I failed my first test at age 20 for almost imperceptibly brushing the kerb during the reverse round the corner! I passed second time though.

If you can't afford it now, they'll probably be more lenient when you're older - I passed my motorbike test the year before last without a single minor fault - even though I did a few things that I was sure I should get at least a minor for. There are advantages to getting older!

darkstar

XmisterIS said:
Ouch!! Word of warning to you ... if you're young, they are looking for any little excuse to fail you! I failed my first test at age 20 for almost imperceptibly brushing the kerb during the reverse round the corner! I passed second time though.

If you can't afford it now, they'll probably be more lenient when you're older - I passed my motorbike test the year before last without a single minor fault - even though I did a few things that I was sure I should get at least a minor for. There are advantages to getting older!
Not sure if thats right to be honest mate, I passed at 17, made a few mistakes but he still put me through. reckon it would be fairly unprofessional if they were biased due to age! I always thought that hitting the curb was an automatic fail anyway?

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Twenty Inch said:

Never mind, the extra lessons will make you a better driver. I failed my first test and am glad I did.

Only people that didn't pass first time say stuff like that! :sad:

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
hitting the curb is an auto fail - if you do end up clipping it then slam the brakes (you are going about 1mph anyway) and hope he/she thinks it was the brakes, not the curb :sad:

I think he just hated me because he was fat. Yer....I'm going with that :thumbsup:

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
darkstar said:
Not sure if thats right to be honest mate, I passed at 17, made a few mistakes but he still put me through. reckon it would be fairly unprofessional if they were biased due to age! I always thought that hitting the curb was an automatic fail anyway?

Yep, it is, but I was told that it's at the examiner's discretion if you don't actually collide with it. Mind you, that was years ago now! (thank goodness!)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
XmisterIS said:

Rubbish.

Young drivers have a higher pass rate than older ones.

Top Bottom