Failed my driving test with less than 10 seconds to go

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I failed for being too close to a car as I pulled in to part at the end of the test.... what.... anyway.... £140 crikey - it's expensive now !

Plax

Guru
I heard a rumour that it depends what time of the month it is. Apparently they have a quota for passing X number a month. If they are close to fulfilling that quota they'll fail you for anything.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Plax said:
I heard a rumour that it depends what time of the month it is. Apparently they have a quota for passing X number a month. If they are close to fulfilling that quota they'll fail you for anything.

Took me three goes and that excuse is good enough for me! :biggrin:

darkstar

Plax said:
Bahaha thats a good one.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I passed first time - largely because I am convinced that they examiner thought that I'd lamp him if he asked me the same question one more time. I didn't understand his clumsily constructed query the first second and third time and demanded that he asked me a question that I could understand nevermind answer. He became flustered asked me two easy questions, told me that I'd passed then once I'd got my piece of paper told me that I was marginal but confident.

I let him off with a scowl. :biggrin:

Crankarm

Guru
montage said:
hitting the curb is an auto fail - if you do end up clipping it then slam the brakes (you are going about 1mph anyway) and hope he/she thinks it was the brakes, not the curb :biggrin:

I think he just hated me because he was fat. Yer....I'm going with that :rofl:

Did your driving make him sweat? Did he have white knuckles as he hung to the grab rail and edge of the seat as you went round bends and around roundabouts :ohmy:?

Better luck next time. Be kind to cyclists, give them a wide berth :biggrin:.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Plax said:
There is some truth in that. Test results are closely monitored, and any examiner who wants a quiet life will make sure his pass rate is close to his test centre's average. If it is running too high he will take his candidates on the trickier routes where he knows people have difficulty, if it is on the low side he will go for the easier ones.

thomas

the tank engine
montage said:
Oopsy

As I was parking in the test centre after completing the bulk of the test.... didn't check behind me well enough to see if anybody was coming through the gate even though I could see it clearly in the mirrors.... £120 down the drain!;)

The worst bit is I was so cocky I was going to pass - going to get some stick now haha

Being a little cocky about it isn't a bad thing. When I passed, first time, I said in my head "yeah I know I've passed". Most of the people I know who failed, failed because they were nervous.

I got the hardest driving examiner too (apparently). Nick named the smiling assassin, as she's really friendly, but fails everyone. I made a few mistakes and nearly made a few others, but obviously nothing that bad.

Top Bottom