Fair brings a tear to the eye...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony

I assumed, looking at the thread originator, that the title referred to the alternative uses of root vegetables.

Saddle bum

Über Member
mickle said:
Well since as a taxpayer the marines are my employees I object to them growing facial hair during working hours when they should jolly well concentrating on fighting the enemy. Obviously.

OK, you go and tell them the error of their ways, I'll just follow and pick up the pieces. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Saddle bum said:
OK, you go and tell them the error of their ways, I'll just follow and pick up the pieces. :biggrin:
Never come across Simoncc have you Saddlebum? I suspect that Mr Mickle had him in mind when he made that post...

PS - Check out the 'Bali' thread in Soapbox. It'll give you a flavour...

OP
OP
Chuffy

Chuffy

Veteran
Ok John, basically Mickle was spoofing a poster called Simoncc. A charming gentleman full of the milk of human kindness.

This thread
should give you some idea what I'm talking about.

Simoncc pays tax and his TV licence. Therefore he employs the people who's wages are paid for by these mechanisms. He gets very upset when they fail to work 24/7 and dare to act like human beings.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Aha!
For Crimbo I got a splendid false moustache and a clockwork Penny Farthing!

T x

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
It has two wheels at the back so is technically a trike, tho not like no tadpole I ever seen........
Mrs Tdr1nka has seen a Penny Farthing in a local junk shop, I'm sorely tempted to go and have a look.

T x

The Royal Marines are simply the epitomy of the Armed Forces humour and style.

Due to a shortage, and "due to outsourcing" there is a lack of SProuts in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Except for the Marines who have plenty!

However when asked the spokesman simply gave a knowing look and refused to say how they got them!

atbman

Veteran
There is no time wasted in growing such facial adornments, but I object to the energy which is going into it. The additional effort the body is obliged to make to force the additional weight of hair away from the face comes from the food we pay to supply them with.

Top Bottom