fairings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markg0vbr

Über Member
mount-1.jpg

ben

Trikeman's
made a diy bracket for the replace the rear bracket on his streamer.

I will reply to the pm shortly when I get some time to take photos!

In the meanwhile a comment about the fixings and how you mount.

Both the GX and the streamer hav a mechanism to tip the fairing forward, this allws you to mount and then pull the fairing in closely to the rider. Ifthe frame is fixed then climbing in to the fairing can be an issue unless you are very supple, or you have to allow a greater space to climb into.

byegad

Legendary Member
I'm 59 overweight and have Arthritis. As a child I was the one who couldn't touch his toes, I've never been supple. Yey I can get nto and out of my QNT with the Fairing in the down position. TBH all it takes is 'the knack'.

markg0vbr

Über Member
I'm 59 overweight and have Arthritis. As a child I was the one who couldn't touch his toes, I've never been supple. Yey I can get nto and out of my QNT with the Fairing in the down position. TBH all it takes is 'the knack'.

having seen you "mount/dismount" in the flesh :blink:it is as graceful as a olga corbet disingaging from the asymmetric bars with four ferrets stuffed down her tights, a joy and grace all of its self and once seen never forgotten.:eek:
he sort of goes from semi recumbent to vertical but your mind has this wonder full way of protecting it self from harm, so as when one leg actually passes through the other it fills in the blanks every body dose it every day without realising you are doing it, prevents you from seeing what can not happen.

i find i have a slight problem with my Russian cod peace nipping on re-entry :shy:, so i am now studding slightly perturbed chip-monk stile of recumbent-fu , i think cross eyed incontinent sloth stance is the way to go for now.

OP
OP

3tyretrackterry

Mark
If you get the chance could you take some pics of your fairing on your trike from side and front and a couple of close ups of the mounting kit in place showing position on the boom etc
Many Thanks
Ian

OP
OP

3tyretrackterry

Mark
I have seen that web page and i have used a couple of the ideas Today i finished the mounting kit and have bought the plastic for the screen so hopefully i will have some photos soon
Ian
I have bought 2mm petg for the screen and it weighs quite a bit more than the weight of a streamer is there anybody who knows what thickness petg a streamer fairing is made of

OP
OP

3tyretrackterry

Spent the day in the garage and have finished the bulk of the fairing with a lot of help from 2 good friends. hopefully photos tomorrow I reckon i will have spent just shy of £50 and my time. Hopefully test run tomorrow as well
Photos at http://s784.photobucket.com/home/triker1_2009/index 2011 album

trickletreat

Veteran
Hi Ian,

it is looking good. It appears to me that you have used grommets, or padding to protect the screen at the mounting points. i did this at first when I used 2mm polycarbonate for our screen, the only problem was that as a result of using it on our lovely smooth surfaced roads! the screen star cracked at the fixing points. I was surprised as it is supposed to be 200x stronger than glass. A quick call to the plastics people, and they said to remove the padding and hard fix with metal washers...so a quick application of coptor tape to the starring and metal washers have done the trick...no more damage. I don't know if petg suffers in the same way.

Top Bottom