Fairlight Secan 3.0

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guitars and Bikes

Senior Member
Has anybody got any experience of riding one of these.?

I currently ride a caad8 105 and tbh Im sick of how harsh an aluminium frame can be. I run my size 25mm tyres at lower pressure to try and smoothen the ride, but would be keen to go up to 40mm slicks on the secan. My cycling priorities are:

1 Comfort, if this isnt present nothing else matters
2 Good fit iro stack, reach and wheelbase. The Secan 51tall offers a higher front end and reduced reach
3 Compliance, smoothing out our crappy uk roads
4 Manageable weight, I know it is 853 steel, but I dont want a boat anchor

I would love to read any feedback from those who own a secan 3.0 or have tried one. I am not a gravel rider, but from what I have seen, riders suggest these are excellent for the road and provide great comfort.
 

Elybazza61

Legendary Member
Not a Secan but have a Faran that is smooth and comfy, if I had the cash I'd get one.

Would the Strael be a better swap for the caaad as it's more roadie than the Secan?
 
OP
OP
G

Guitars and Bikes

Senior Member
Not a Secan but have a Faran that is smooth and comfy, if I had the cash I'd get one.

Would the Strael be a better swap for the caaad as it's more roadie than the Secan?

The stack height on the strael is too low, the secan stack height would suit me a lot better. How do you find the weight of your bike ?
 

oxoman

Über Member
I've got the Faran which is road / tour / gravel and apart from being a bit heavy is way more comfortable than my usual Ali commute bike. Don't expect a racing thoroughbred, its a very good longhaul plodder that can handle most stuff. Mine isn't a stock build so that makes it a bit heavier than usual. Would highly recommend or a Spa Elan, depending on what you ultimately end up using it for.
 

Elybazza61

Legendary Member
Should of added that the Faran is usually run with 650b wheels; 'fast set' are Stayer carbon rims on Hope/SP dynamo hubs shod with Rene Herse tyres 'touring' set are Halo Vapours again with Hope and SP hubs and usually shod with Teravail Cannonball tyres.

Also have SimWorks mudguards that add a bit of weight.
 

Elybazza61

Legendary Member
Some pics;

All road mode;

IMG_7181.jpeg



Loaded up and in original 1x11mode;

IMG_5702.jpeg
 
Top Bottom