Fake?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

Guess no-body knows...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
yep, copies. Few years ago I bought a top from Hong Kong. Turned out to be a fake copy. Very good copy though. Didn't fit as it was way too small for the size originally quoted

OP
OP
aJohnson

aJohnson

ianrauk said:
yep, copies. Few years ago I bought a top from Hong Kong. Turned out to be a fake copy. Very good copy though. Didn't fit as it was way too small for the size originally quoted

Ah ok, thanks. Was just thinking when I saw them, a good quality kit for a decent price, then I was thinking "fake..."

lukesdad

Beware theyre a lot more expensive than you think charges ontop are vat, import tax, and shippers handling charge probably £20-£25 on top.

wilko

Veteran
They have 100% feedback, so I guess they must be ok. No guarantee that they are not fakes though.

thomas

the tank engine
Maybe fake, but probably from the same factory :tongue:

A lot of fakes are still good, so you get a good price and to be honest, no one is going to tell the difference...if you can tell the difference just do a charge back and leave bad feedback.

Jonathan M

lukesdad said:
Beware theyre a lot more expensive than you think charges ontop are vat, import tax, and shippers handling charge probably £20-£25 on top.

Won't these come in under the threshold for import duty & VAT? Any HMRC members around?

MajorMantra

Jonathan M said:
Won't these come in under the threshold for import duty & VAT? Any HMRC members around?

The threshold is £18 I believe though it's not totally predictable whether something will actually get picked up anyway.

Matthew

Definatly fakes. It is getting near the end of the season and there will be new kit out soon. Just hold on and get the real stuff cheaper in the next couple of months. Gbcycles are usually very good I got the lpr kit for £65 last week

Top Bottom