1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Falconi 'Ascent' Bibshorts XL

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by Aperitif, 6 Jun 2008.

1. Make: Falconi
    Price $59.95 + $13 postage

Having read a recommendation from, I think Mr Hippo, I decided to take a punt on some 'American sized' cycling bibs - as opposed to the basically unrealistic european sizing so beloved by companies who use starving sparrows as tailor's dummies.
    I'm talking real men here - if you are a snivelling matchstick-legged grasshopper type - look away now!:angry:

9th June: Little rubber 'badge' on the left leg has departed - probably due to excess speed causing the rubber to melt...nothing major but it is a sloppy piece of stitchery.

Firstly, delivery was quicksmart - email contact and advice was good.
    A medium sized reinforced envelope arrived - well packed goods - no problem.
    There is a choice of piping colours within this range, giving adequate choice for the fussy...
    Measurements.
    My waist: 37"/94cm
    Thigh at top: 28"/71cm
    Thigh at the point the shorts grip 22"/56cm
    This equates to a lovely fitting XL in this range, with nice wide straps and
    comfortable back section. The padding for the bits is also very comfortable.
    My verdict? I'm going back for more - very comfortable clothing and not squeezing into the biggest sizing on the chart!!!
    If you are bigger boned / abundant in relaxed muscle, then this company might be just the thing you are looking for!
    Here are some pics - after about the third wash or so...
    If you are really interested, there's a photo of them with contents (ie: me) which can be found in tdr1nka's London Leg report of the CycleChat Jersey Relay!

2zimueo.jpg

264gj0m.jpg

mloajo.jpg

2vx3tpe.jpg