Falling off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NEO

Just had my first fall on my road bike. Not impressed. The irony is first time out on clipless pedals and it wasn't because of them just a misjudgement turning in. Big respect to the van driver who stopped to check I was ok. Fine I said just bruised pride.:wacko::bicycle:

Mr potts

Just had a practice with clipless pedals for the first time, been sat in my garage for 3 yrs as i daren't use them due to been a clumsy accident prone oaf.Back with no broken bones which is a bonus and itching to see if they make a big difference on a long ride, bit tricky getting your foot back in on a roundabout going over the M1 with a headwind !

Reactions: NEO

ScotiaLass

Guru
Oh no, glad you are okay.
I can't use clipless, not that I need them on my MTB but I have a balance issue and fall off with alarming propensity, so don't need any help :laugh:

Reactions: NEO

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Louhc3027482 said:
That's why you wrap them only in Sandpaper coated in broken glass
Ah. So they start off as paper cuts, and end up as six inch long jagged scars. Mmm

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I used to be very apprehensive about falling off the bike.
Got lotsa practice now :laugh:

G3CWI

Veteran
Clipless? Not for me. Any minor gain in speed is likely to be more than cancelled out by the time I would have to spend off the bike recovering from the inevitable falls. And flat pedals mean that you can move your feet around when you get cramp. I also like to walk in an elegant manner when off the bike: the "hobbling chicken" walk adopted by the clipless mob in cafes is not cool. I often combine cycling with hill bagging so the ability to jump off the bike and nip up a hill in the same shoes appeals.

Oh and the main reason is I can lift my feet and go "...whee !" when free wheeling through puddles.

Wellgo B144s rock.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
The hobbling chicken isn't from the cleats, it's just us showing off that our calfs are picturesque from the training they get from us climbing clipped in :smile:

Top Bottom