Family Cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hiya,
So now our youngest is able to ride a bike we would like to all have a bike to take away and ride together as a family.
We already have a 3 cycle carrier for the towbar but we now need to take 2 more along with us. I was thinking of two roof mounted carriers but they are going onto an Alhambra so with me being not the tallest (5'9") its probably going to be a bit of a stretch.
Does anyone have any other options I may not have thought about?
Thanks
Simon

mustang1

Guru
I carry bikes on an SUV and keep a 2-step footstool in the car which works out great. It might help you as well?

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
We've got a Galaxy, so basically the same vehicle but I've a bit of an advantage at 6'4"!

As advised above, taking a stool with you should sort it out to go on top.

Given the size of the boot though, I'd suggest just putting two in there especially if they're little kids bikes. For family holidays with 5 of us we often had one, or even on occasion two adult sized bikes in the boot along with luggage. Taking the pedals off and handlebars sideways helps.

OP
OP
S

SimonBalaam

Regular
We've got a Galaxy, so basically the same vehicle but I've a bit of an advantage at 6'4"!

As advised above, taking a stool with you should sort it out to go on top.

Given the size of the boot though, I'd suggest just putting two in there especially if they're little kids bikes. For family holidays with 5 of us we often had one, or even on occasion two adult sized bikes in the boot along with luggage. Taking the pedals off and handlebars sideways helps.

Ha ha you dont know my wife, Just for a night away we fill the boot. I will look into a litle step I think :laugh:

Jody

Stubborn git
I don't have any personal experience with these but they look like a decent idea and especially if room is an issue

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/PHATRIP-Doorstep-Folding-Ladder-Vehicle/dp/B08J859C2C

Nd9GcQuvM9CjOz3U9ax5tdTxhv0e_JdFHi2TUVzqg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Top Bottom