Fan alternative

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mattk50

MattK50
HI,

I know you all use fans to cool down when static cycling. Fans are useless for me as the draught just triggers neuralgic pain in my eye (odd affliction I know). Is there an alternative? Something that can drag the temperature down in a small outdoors enclosed room quickly without a big draught? Is there something you guys can recommend?

Matt

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Presumably you do something that prevents the affection when you're outside? Like wear glasses? How about you try that. Or put the fan behind you - just make sure to hold it when you need to realise gasses.

CXRAndy

Guru
HI,

I know you all use fans to cool down when static cycling. Fans are useless for me as the draught just triggers neuralgic pain in my eye (odd affliction I know). Is there an alternative? Something that can drag the temperature down in a small outdoors enclosed room quickly without a big draught? Is there something you guys can recommend?

Matt

Blow air from the back of the bike, then not in your face.

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
Ha ha! Nah that won't work. It's to do with air circulation flows as well. I have to move desks in our office sometimes depending where the ceiling air con is kicking out. Got it after head surgery years back so some optic nerve annoyance going on somewhere. Oddly cycling outside is relatively ok with goggles. Need an inside out fridge for the room!

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Need an inside out fridge for the room!

That is what an air sourced heat pump is.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Air conditioning unit that you turn off when you enter the room? Could get expensive though!

The only other things I can think of (but not sure either will be effective in a warm environment to be honest):
Wet towels from the fridge?
Chilled drinks?

OP
OP
Mattk50

Mattk50

MattK50
I think that's the way forward. Air con unit via Hive perhaps and switch off when the room is freezing. I keep getting Dyson ads now I have brought this up. They look nice but maybe gimmicky and far too expensive?

Top Bottom