Fantastic roundabout technique...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PrettyboyTim

I really wished my bikecam was still working today. I was cycling home from work at midday (I had a job interview in the afternoon - woo!) and there was a fellah on a mountain bike ahead of me as we approached this roundabout from the north. I was turning left, but I assumed fom his positioning that the guy in front was going right. However, he moved further and further to the right at considerable speed and I began to wonder what he was up to. Instead of going round the roundabout, he shot straight up to the grassy central circle, bunny hopped up onto it, pelted across the grass and shot out onto the road the other side.

I had a massive grin on my face for most of the rest of the journey home after that. Just like wheelies, it was really cool. :smile:

bonj2

was it an american bunny hop or a full-on 'front wheel first' one?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Erm so he went south from the map, and jumped the roundabout with some tricky stuff going on... and off he went - can see what happened coming south....he turned right.. black stuff or not...... (his right.. not ours.. coming top of screen to bottom) I'd stick to the tarmac.....

Me thinks..... cos I might be lost with that map....

OP
OP
PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim

magnatom said:
No luck fixing the camera then?:wacko:

I'm afraid not. I manged to find something that could undo the weird triangular screws they have, but I couldn't find anything obviously wrong with it. My guess is that there is some kind of short or break in the card reader section, but I wasn't able to get at that part without fear of breaking it further.

I rang up Oregon Scientific, but they don't do repairs, only replacements under warranty. The fellah on the phone suggested I try getting a proof of purchase from you, but if you look at the warranty it's voided if you drop the camera. Seeing as that camera has been in a couple of spills and has the marks along the side from bouncing along the tarmac, I figured I wouldn't get anywhere pursuing it further.

Shame!

Top Bottom