Fantastic weather this weekend.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I took my touring buddy for this summer's ride out for his first cycle camping outing this weekend. A nice gentle introduction - train to Crewe and cycled to Whitchurch camp and cycle back to Crewe the following day.

The week's weather was not good nor was the weekend forecast - showers were predicted. How wrong could they be?

Glorious sunshine all day yearterday and today.

Yesterday's lunch was bought from traders at the Whitchurch farmers' market. Pork and black pudding pie rinsed down with several bottles of the New Plessey brewery's Fusilier. We found a campsite, Mile Bank Farm, pitched the tents sun bathed for a while, cracked open some more Fusilier and then walking into town for a curry.

Can recommend Hannah an indian restaurant buffet for two with two beers came to £21 a bargain and food was great.

My pal Rohit discovered the folly of buying Lidl pannier bags, against my advice, for the forthcoming tour. A mounting clip broke of one of the bags yesterday and its partner clip took leave of absence at Crewe station today. He had to ride home from Piccadilly with the failed bag bungeed onto his rear rack.

All in all a good weekend.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Good for you both. Sounds like a great weekend - funny old weather at the moment. I'm in the Dales and it's been great apart from a few showers - but looking at the news areas not too far south of here have been badly flooded. Are you both fit for your tour?

As fit as I'll ever be. I've got 12 x 100km, 1 x 160km Audaxes plus a FNRttC under my belt with a 160km and a 100km Audax to slot in before leaving for Germany.

Rohit will have another 100km or so slotted in. There's not to much to fret about regarding the ride it's EV6 along the Danube - the Passau to Budapest stretch.

The Woodrup is amazing. Absolutely no change in its handling or ease of pedalling when fully loaded.

Top Bottom