farcility of the month

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I think hopping over the first fence might be just about possible but the second one seems highly optimistic.

Rob S

The joy of forgetting all about that site for a good few months is that you get a good few new pics in one hit!! Councils really need to bookmark that site.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Southwark Council - Cycles Of Frustration.
A nomination for the Turner Prize me thinks?

This one is near me, and I can't believe I've never noticed it!!
Then again it might just be an indication of how much I use Sainsbury's or cycle lanes!!

Melvil

My favourite one was the one in Suffolk that ended with a fence and no way of getting across the road. Genius.

Come on, Wafflycat. I don't think it is that bad. There is after all at least 15cm of pavement between the road and the barrier.

How much bl**dy room do you cyclists want?!....:biggrin:

Anyway there is always the option of bunny hopping onto the barrier itself and cycling along that. Obviously you just aren't a skilled enough cyclist.

If you all paid road tax, wore number plates and had a licence then I'm sure you would be quite capable.....

:biggrin::biggrin:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Melvil said:
My favourite one was the one in Suffolk that ended with a fence and no way of getting across the road. Genius.

Thats very close to me so I headed over there a few weeks back for a look, classy :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

stephec

Legendary Member
What were the blokes who painted the lines thinking?

Did they just go straight ahead and follow their plans, or ring their boss and question it?

Worker, "boss, have you seen this cycle lane drawing?"
Boss, "yes I have, just follow the plans."
Worker, "but...."
Boss, "follow the plans."

I wonder how much council tax has been wasted on those balls ups.

jonesy

Guru
It will have been an end of financial year job:

Boss, "just build it, if we change the plans we won't meet our spend target for this year and will lose funding next year".

stephec said:
What were the blokes who painted the lines thinking?

Did they just go straight ahead and follow their plans, or ring their boss and question it?

Worker, "boss, have you seen this cycle lane drawing?"
Boss, "yes I have, just follow the plans."
Worker, "but...."
Boss, "follow the plans."

I wonder how much council tax has been wasted on those balls ups.

Ah, but that begs the ultimate question: What came first, the cycle lane or the barrier?....:biggrin:

Top Bottom