England : Hampshire Fareham Wheelers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I made a mistake in my original post yesterday, so apologies for re posting the corrected version:

Hi, anyone on here from Fareham Wheelers? I am thinking of joining. I would appreciate some insight into the club and events. I will be 40 soon and believe that i will be classes as a Vet :ohmy:. I would love to get into a bit of competitive racing etc and would appreciate some advice.

Many thanks

PpPete

Legendary Member
I think @Montage is a member.

montage

God Almighty
It's awesome, friendly, and a bunch of vets in the club race - during the season there are weekly time trials in wickham on thursdays, and I believe there is a vets only road race held at one point during the year. Check out the website! Can't recommend them enough.

Also we have a very good coach in the club who does training sessions at the mountbatten track every monday and will soon be doing turbo sessions on thursdays - if you want to race, his sessions are amazing

OP
OP
Carl W Hallinon
cool thanks for the info , i will make it to one of the taster rides on a Sunday, i am new to cycling , running was my previous sport of choice (long distance, slow :thumbsup: l) as i am nearing 40 i have decided that marathons etc are no longer condusive to healthy knees! I am going to do a sprint triathlon next year and decided to invest in a modest road bike (Giant Defy 5 triple). However i would be up for some road racing. I am not sure that track racing would be my thing but am willing to give it a go. I will look for the next available opportunity to get along to the club. ^_^

montage

God Almighty
cool thanks for the info , i will make it to one of the taster rides on a Sunday, i am new to cycling , running was my previous sport of choice (long distance, slow :thumbsup: l) as i am nearing 40 i have decided that marathons etc are no longer condusive to healthy knees! I am going to do a sprint triathlon next year and decided to invest in a modest road bike (Giant Defy 5 triple). However i would be up for some road racing. I am not sure that track racing would be my thing but am willing to give it a go. I will look for the next available opportunity to get along to the club. ^_^

Manage to get out with the club?

jasonmccullum

Über Member
if not try the Wyndymilla's. they are in seale and run by a Henry a professional cyclist and bike designer (his bike are used on the pro tour by people like Magnus Backstead).

extremely friendly from the beginner to seasoned race. they do weekly rides, sprints and circuit training session

and free to join

http://www.wyndymilla.com/about-us/wm-club-rides/

e-rider

crappy member
owh, a triple, keep that quiet at the Wheelers otherwise nobody will speak to you!

SotonCyclist

had my first ride with the wheelers Sunday, LOVED IT, should have joined sooner. door to door was 38.5 miles but i didnt really feel it on the way round. defiantly becoming a member and already looking at trying to get myself a club jersey

Top Bottom