Farewell Arthur C...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
His books were popular although I've not read many of them, RIP!!

Melvil

I remember reading 2001 as a boy. It was genuinely mind-expanding and gave me a taste for speculative fiction. RIP.

Maz

Guru
I also watched his Mysterious World series and found them fascinating.

Didnt the Goodies do a pisstake of him entitled 'Does Arthur C Clarke really exist?'?

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
A very important man in SF and way beyond. He was actually quite a radical author when he was younger and produced some really exellent short stories as well as being behind some early proposals for orbiting satellites.

Arch

Married to Night Train
RIP. I'm no great SF conne.. conue... buff, but I pretty much know I'd enjoy anything by John Wyndham or Arthur C Clarke.

Still, a good innings and all that. And what better legacy to leave than his books?

OP
OP
P

Pete

domtyler said:
(*see above*)
When this allegation was posted a while ago (I don't remember who by), I 'flagged' the post as libel and it was removed. The tabloid-spawned accusation was proved to be totally false and malicious. Please do not speak ill of the dead now that he cannot technically be 'libelled'.

domtyler

Über Member
Pete said:
When this allegation was posted a while ago (I don't remember who by), I 'flagged' the post as libel and it was removed. The tabloid-spawned accusation was proved to be totally false and malicious. Please do not speak ill of the dead now that he cannot technically be 'libelled'.

Sorry, it looks as if you might be right. A quick google of "arthur c clarke paedophile" seems to suggest that the taped confessions from himself and the boys were later withdrawn. Like you say, we shouldn't speak ill of the dead.

Top Bottom