Farking wind

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
It is what any decent fence erector would do, even more so on concrete posts.
The neighbours (to the left) put that fence up so that they could pretend that the former tenant here didn't exist. The neighbours to the right also erected a 6' fence - same reason - but they have used wooden fence posts and there was a good 2' of to & fro movement at the top of that fence. I was really surprised that it was still up this morning.

screenman

Legendary Member
Tall fences often make good neighbours.

I hope you get it sorted without too much expense.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
ParkRun had to be cancelled because of the debris. Fingers crossed having just had the roof done and new back gate we've not lost anything as yet!!

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    pc.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 18

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I spoke to my sister in Coventry yesterday and she told me that one of her neighbours was demolishing the remains of his conservatory before the wind did it for him! Half of it blew down during the night.

I heard howling wind in the middle of the night here and then some loud bangs. I don't think it was thunder, so I am assuming that something had been blown off a roof, bins blown down the street, whatever ...

Mike_P

Guru
is it me, or is this year particularly windy. Yesterday I thought would be fine but once the wind hit it was a case of dropping down the gears again and annoyingly having no choice but to pedal on decents. Sun has just come out so went to sit at the garden table and promptly got driven back indoors by strong gusts.Met office app says 13mph wind and no gusts!

Brandane

Legendary Member
is it me, or is this year particularly windy. Yesterday I thought would be fine but once the wind hit it was a case of dropping down the gears again and annoyingly having no choice but to pedal on decents. Sun has just come out so went to sit at the garden table and promptly got driven back indoors by strong gusts.Met office app says 13mph wind and no gusts!
I had read quite a few posts on page 1 before I realised this thread was started in January. Nothing much has changed since then, apart from the temperature being slightly higher!
Yes I do think this year has been more windy than usual; it has been pretty much constant apart from the odd day here and there. Yesterday I did a 50 mile circuit and was really struggling into the southerly wind. Quite breezy here again today, and we are not seeing much of the nice weather that the BBC insist on chuntering on about because the south east of England is getting a nice spell of weather, apparently.

I had read quite a few posts on page 1 before I realised this thread was started in January. Nothing much has changed since then, apart from the temperature being slightly higher!
Yes I do think this year has been more windy than usual; it has been pretty much constant apart from the odd day here and there. Yesterday I did a 50 mile circuit and was really struggling into the southerly wind. Quite breezy here again today, and we are not seeing much of the nice weather that the BBC insist on chuntering on about because the south east of England is getting a nice spell of weather, apparently.
North Kent coast weather-warm, breezy, cloudy and dry!!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah

Last year in London/South East, the wind was worse.

Brandane

Legendary Member
North Kent coast weather-warm, breezy, cloudy and dry!!
Pretty similar to here then, but it was hosing it down earlier.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The wind's been blowing a force whatever gale around here for months! Only a few days go by where it isn't blowing. What will they blame it on? The jet stream,a weather bomb global warming ffs!:cursing:

Hyslop

Veteran
Certainly fairly windy enough around here this afternoon,18mph apparently,and it felt like it too on some of the exposed roads.Mind you even that was better than one afternoon last week when I hit a hill as hard as I could and was cheered to see 14 mph on the Garmin(its a short hill,what Cumbrians call a "brow"),going down the other side however,the wind was full on and even with gravity and pedalling,I hit the magical figure of 7mph! All i could do was laugh, though goodness knows what anyone watching must have thought.

Top Bottom