Fascists!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mrs M

Guru
Pure jobsworth :angry:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Tosspot. In Ireland they'll generally let you put full size bikes in the hold if not too busy.

If we are going to move away from car dependence then they are really going to have to offer better options for bike transport on trains and buses. The only thing really stopping me completely letting go of the car is this. If I knew I could always take my bike on the train or bus the car would go.

Bollocks to councils declaring climate emergency , do something practical the fark about it.

thenay

If we are going to move away from car dependence then they are really going to have to offer better options for bike transport on trains and buses (...)
Bollocks to councils declaring climate emergency , do something practical the fark about it.

^ this, so much this.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
This is what I found about folding bikes and Stagecoach.

Please contact the local team in your area and they'll be happy to advise. However, if your bike folds up, can be stored in a suitable bag or box, can fit within the luggage pen on the bus, and you can lift it in and out yourself, it can be brought on at the driver's discretion.

I wonder why prams do not have to be in covers, but bikes do.

tom73

Guru
This is what I found about folding bikes and Stagecoach.

Please contact the local team in your area and they'll be happy to advise. However, if your bike folds up, can be stored in a suitable bag or box, can fit within the luggage pen on the bus, and you can lift it in and out yourself, it can be brought on at the driver's discretion.

I wonder why prams do not have to be in covers, but bikes do.

Or folded down for that matter and made to move if a wheelchair get's on.

A box who the hell carries an empty box as they cycle along for transporting said bike in ?

Last edited:

A box who the hell carries an empty box as they cycle along for transporting said bike in ?
Yes, a load of crap, more needs to be done really fast if people are to use bikes, right now it’s
one big hassle, carry a box, what stupidity.

classic33

Leg End Member
Tosspot. In Ireland they'll generally let you put full size bikes in the hold if not too busy.
Down to driver discretion. So if there's a driver change, and the bike is seen/mentioned, you can find yourself ending your journey at the next stop.

That's on CIE/Bus Éireann, private operators have their own rules.

What about carrying a bike bag?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member

But the rules are pretty clear if you read them. If you want to get on the bus, follow the rules

It is easy enough to take an Ikea dimpa bag to put tbe Brompton in. They are light and fold down small.

It turns out the driver is not a fascist. He is just a guy following company guidelines.

Last edited:

shingwell

Most non-Brompton folding bikes leave the oily/dirty bits exposed, in that light the bag rule seems more understandable, it's just a shame we B owners have to suffer because of inferior models!

I have the older model of B saddle pouch with bike bag (ebay!), weights nothing, doesn't get in the way of the fold, big enough to store other bits & pieces (Abus folding lock and folding multi-tool in my case.)

Top Bottom