Fast light wheel recomendations ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
OK, lass in our club has a fairly basic Alu Giant road-bike and wants to upgrade the wheels from the basic OEM kit. She's got some birthday money coming ....
She's fairly light and pretty quick and looking for something to give her more speed especially uphill, so light and stiff seem to be the requirements. She'll then add say 23c GP4000s or Pro-race and light tubes.
I suggested a budget of circa £300

A chat with Pete Matthews or Harry Rowland seems sensible, otherwise Kyserium Equipes could fit the bill.
Thoughts?

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Fulcrum Racing 3s & Campagnolo Zondas also available in that price range (bike-discount.de have F3s at £325). Excellent wheels, though so are the options you've listed.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
How about Pro Lite Braccianos? CRC don't stock them anymore, certainly not for the price they were knocking them out for a cpl of months back but I think Amazon (of all places) still have them. £299 is the r.r.p. Mine weight in at 1492g and roll very well both uphill and down :thumbsup:

400bhp

Guru
OK, lass in our club has a fairly basic Alu Giant road-bike and wants to upgrade the wheels from the basic OEM kit. She's got some birthday money coming ....
She's fairly light and pretty quick and looking for something to give her more speed especially uphill, so light and stiff seem to be the requirements. She'll then add say 23c GP4000s or Pro-race and light tubes.
I suggested a budget of circa £300

A chat with Pete Matthews or Harry Rowland seems sensible, otherwise Kyserium Equipes could fit the bill.
Thoughts?

She won't go wrong with those.

400bhp

Guru
How about Pro Lite Braccianos? CRC don't stock them anymore, certainly not for the price they were knocking them out for a cpl of months back but I think Amazon (of all places) still have them. £299 is the r.r.p. Mine weight in at 1492g and roll very well both uphill and down :thumbsup:

I could be wrong but I'm sure one or two of our fellas have had problems with spoke nipples breaking on them?

Top Bottom