Fate / destiny / coincidence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User33236

Never been a believer in fate or destiny or coincidence or whatever the heck everyone calls it.

Today at work I happened to glance at my work's ID badge as I used its RFID tag to open a door and something caught my eye. This badge, which carries an expiry date, was issued to me a little under 5 years ago.

The point of interest was that the expiry date on my badge is the date of the last day I will be working here as moving to a new job. :ohmy:

Seems my ID badge was an egg timer for the time working in this role!

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been a believer in fate or destiny or coincidence or whatever the heck everyone calls it.

Today at work I happened to glance at my work's ID badge as I used its RFID tag to open a door and something caught my eye. This badge, which carries an expiry date, was issued to me a little under 5 years ago.

The point of interest was that the expiry date on my badge is the date of the last day I will be working here as moving to a new job. :ohmy:

Seems my ID badge was an egg timer for the time working in this role!

Better not look at the expiry date of your driving licence, then! :blink:

Drago

Legendary Member
Good man, I like your attitude!

There were a few coppers who lived for the job, felt it was a true vocation, but they were invariably either peanuts or idiots. Sometimes both.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
There were a few coppers who lived for the job

Like the ex landlady's son from my local pub. According to reports he went out checking car tax discs and other stuff when he was off duty. He made the rank of Inspector by his mid 30's and now lives in Cyprus on his pension. So i suppose living for the job does pay sometimes.

Top Bottom