Father just witnessed part of hit and run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
He had planned to go out for the evening but has just come back. He said he's driving along and all of a sudden heard a massive BANG! and theres a low CC motorbike flying past his drivers window in the air and a lad skidding along the tarmac.

Turned out a flatbed truck has gone to overtake a lad on a moped (who was doing 30 in a 30 zone), cut the guy up on a corner but hadnt planned ahead for the fact his mate was riding infront of him and sideswiped the poor b***ard. :smile:

Old man stops as a witness along with a lady who saw a little more and she said the other driver was going about 60mph, twice the speed of the other traffic. F***ing pr***. Apparently the Police are driving around now trying to find the driver. ;) Thankfully the lad is mostly shaken up and was able to walk away.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Sounds nasty. At least the young'n wasn't too badly hurt.

Whereabouts?

The downside is that, if there were no injuries (at least, none requiring paramedics or hospital), the police won't be interested in chasing up that driver.

We are always urging each other (and the 'we' includes all 2-wheeled road users, PTW as well) not to fool around with lorries, but what can we do when the lorry driver fools with us? :smile:

Hope he's OK. I've had my fill of seeing injured motorbikers on the road, last week.

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Townhill in S'ton if I heard right. Looking to see if it pops up on the Echo website.

661 I do kind of worry that may be the case. Driver wont give a bleep though because he's some pikey scumbag (not to be confused with Gypsies - who are NOT "pikey", I mean in the old use of the word).Theres a lot of bloke'n'van people around here, most are alright, but theres a fair few who will only work cash in hand, etc. Some dodgy tyres and exhausts about if you get me.

Top Bottom