Fausto Coppi vintage build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hut307

Hello l am trying to find parts for my Vintage Coppi project. I’m currently looking for the bottom bracket and crankset. So far it’s built up as shown. I have located authentic gear leavers and brake levers. I assume it needs 27” wheels as 700cc rims don’t fit. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Martin

Attachments

• 4952DBA4-C9F3-483C-889D-A8DAD00A549E.jpeg
    4952DBA4-C9F3-483C-889D-A8DAD00A549E.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 21

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Morning and welcome I would hazard a guess that was built for 700 wheels looking at the picture.
Why do say 700 don't fit @Hut307 ?

OP
OP
H

Hut307

Hello When l take my 700c wheels off my other bike the front tyre hits the top of the fork. My wheels have 700x 25mm tyres. Strangely the rear tyre fits with a small clearance. I also don’t know what size the Bottom Bracket is? It’s bigger than the Standard British Standard? The bike is starting to look good with period Brake levers and shifter levers
Regards

Martin

midlife

Guru
Bottom bracket likely 70mm Italian. Odd about the wheels, 27" are bigger so deffo won't fit. Doesn't look like a lo-Pro made for smaller wheels. Not a kids bike is it?

avecReynolds531

Veteran
Hello When l take my 700c wheels off my other bike the front tyre hits the top of the fork. My wheels have 700x 25mm tyres. Strangely the rear tyre fits with a small clearance. I also don’t know what size the Bottom Bracket is? It’s bigger than the Standard British Standard? The bike is starting to look good with period Brake levers and shifter levers
Regards

Martin
My Italian road frame didn't like 25mm tyres - maximum clearance was 23mm. Some 25mm tyres are more like 27-28mm.
It may be that this frame is similar - could be worthwhile trying a true 23mm tyre (or even 20mm) on the 700C wheel.
Agreed, should be Italian 70mm bb.

velohomme

Had the same problem with 25mm on my Italian frame.
Incidentally I have Campag Chorus Italian bb amongst my bits. PM me if you are interested. 36x24T. 102mm. Square taper.

goldcoastjon

Could this COPPI be a "funny bike" or aero/TT frame with a smaller-diameter front wheel by design?

Top Bottom