Favourite aromas.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
Now I'm remembering my cool as fcuk mullet. I must have looked like Boaby the barman. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

One for the Jocks I think. ^_^

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The smell of the Corsican maquis.

Calor gas - reminds me of childhood holidays in caravans with gas mantle lighting, dropping off to sleep with the sound of sea outside and my mum and dad reading, chatting or playing scrabble in the gaslight.

The smell of scorching horses' hooves - reminds me of Saturday mornings and school holidays spent at my uncle's smithy.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
I think my favourite aromas are mostly associated with my childhood memories. One I remember very well is the smell of burning peat on open fires, this takes me back 50+ years to when we used to visit my mother’s family farm on the west coast of Ireland for our summer holidays. I’ve not smelt this for very many years though.

kayakerles

Have a nice ride.
No, no, no. The smell and chemical taste from starter fluid on a bbq is disgusting. Not for the green credentials (although it is a bonus), use a natural firelighter and your food will taste much better. If you struggle to light it without nasty chemicals then I recommend a chimney.
Thanks for the Advice markemark, but I live in a flat in a major city and don’t grill anyway. However, I still have fond memories of that smell when I was a kid as signaling that yummy food was on its way. Probably carcinogenic as well, but we only live once.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Freshly cut grass.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Cycling pass this place on a working day with the aroma of freshly cooked meat pies filling the air .

IMG_20220717_073631642_HDR.jpg

Top Bottom