Favourite film remakes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Yebbutt if you're a cinema sophisticate like wot I am, you'd appreciate such things.

That said, have you seen Woody Allan's "Interiors"? 'kinell, that's dull ! Or the first 40 minutes is at any rate, I can't comment on the rest. He was trying to be Bergman rather than doing the funny stuff. Apparently it's a masterpiece !

And even"Ran", the great Kurosawa's last film isn't high on my list. Obviously it looks stunning, as you'd expect from the Great Man, but I didn't find it all that engaging, though the central performance is powerful. That said King Lear, which it's based on isn't my favourite play either, as the story is so bleak,

Some so-say action films can be a crashing bore too - we walked out of Gemini man, and I must admit I found the first Hobbit film very tedious too, even though both have plenty of action - unlike either version Solaris.

My favourite film of all time is "Two Lane Blacktop" - a slow paced, yet to me, compelling road movie. Opinion is split between cinematic masterpiece (my own view) and dull plod/nothing happens (which whilst wrong isn't entirely silly either)
I haven't watched a Woody Allen film since he started navel-gazing in the early 80's. Anyway, my general belief is that any film should be less than two hours. Any longer and the director is really just playing with himself...….and don't get me on the subject of There Will Be Blood. What a tedious load of utter poo.

Kryton521

Über Member
Someone should start a, "That film was poo!" thread. I'd start with, "The Hobbit" trilogy. Awful? Doesn't even begin!

Kryton521

Über Member
The remake of "Death Wish", Bruce Willis, probably better than the original and certainly better than all the sequels that followed!

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Is Fury Road really a remake of Mad Max? Personally, I don't think so.

The 78 remake of Dawn was really good, so was the 04 version. Have you seen Tom Savini's remake of Night of the Living Dead? Not bad at all.

I think Fury Road was a loose remake of Mad Max 2. I still personally prefer the first film to the lot though. I just watched Fury Road again, last night after reading this thread. The final chase sequence is absolutely awesome.

No I haven't watched the remake of Night of the Living Dead, I'll watch it though, cheers man. I didn't know the 78 version of Dawn was a remake though. Something else I've learned, thanks.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think Fury Road was a loose remake of Mad Max 2. I still personally prefer the first film to the lot though. I just watched Fury Road again, last night after reading this thread. The final chase sequence is absolutely awesome.

No I haven't watched the remake of Night of the Living Dead, I'll watch it though, cheers man. I didn't know the 78 version of Dawn was a remake though. Something else I've learned, thanks.

Too much chopping and changing in my original post - the 78 version is the original, not sure how I mangled that!

One version of NotLD to avoid is the colour version, which totally ruins it.

Top Bottom