Favourite junction?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Hanger Lane is always fun

My commute is short and uninteresting but for a couple of junctions that wind me up.

Riding back from the parents takes me to Five Ways roundabout, which is really fun on a bike. It was apparently listed in a top ten scariest junctions survey alongside Hanger Lane. Also while not technically a junction, I love belting down the Middleway and getting across two lanes to go through the Belgrave Interchange underpass.

I wouldn't fancy cycling around five ways, it's bad enough in a car! Fair play to you!

Maylian

Veteran
I would have to say mine is this roundabout below. Normally I keep left when heading into Southampton but if I take a right for any reason it has a lovely camber that I get a good slingshot out of and easily race through at 25 if there is no traffic. Also as you can the traffic is often quite busy so I get to filter sometimes for near a mile through it.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

Brandane

Legendary Member
For a country boy from Ayrshire, I have to say that on one of my rare cycling excursions in London, I found the Elephant & Castle to be something of a pleasure. That is, the feeling of relief once I had emerged onto the A2 southbound unscathed.
I also survived the Arc de Triomphe in Paris on a motorbike. Now THAT'S a junction! :smile:

Top Bottom