Favourite Morecambe & Wise moment?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.

007fair

eric was briliant. I loved the live shows when it was his off the cuff stuff that made me laugh. The 'Not going out' fella has a few of Eric characteristics and he is my favourite modern day comedian.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Oh, so many.

The stripper/breakfast.
Andre Preview and Griegs piano concerto by Grieg.
There may be trouble ahead with Angela Rippon. A! you're adorable....
The newsreaders doing Nothing like a Dame (way before newsreaders did dance routines at the drop of a hat.)
A less often repeated one - actress singing "Windmills of my mind" as the wind machine is cranked up higher and higher, and she gets blown off set. I'm not Eric and Ernie are even in that one.
Shirley Bassey and the boot.

Timeless stuff too, like the Two Ronnies. Apart from the fashions, and the odd topical remark, it bears repeating over and over.

Even just hearing 'Bring me Sunshine' makes me smile.

Even just hearing 'Bring me Sunshine' makes me smile.

This for me is a bit bitter-sweet song. As a kid we all used to watch them and enjoy them and sing along to 'Bring me sunshine' Particularly towards the end when Eric kept getting left out of it.

However as it was one of my Dad's favorite songs it was played at his funeral as his coffin was taken out of the church so I now left wanting to both smile and cry when I hear it.

Slioch

Guru
The Angela Rippon sketch with her wearing fishnet stockings. Mmmmmm!

Oops. Did I just say that out loud!

Arch

Married to Night Train
This for me is a bit bitter-sweet song. As a kid we all used to watch them and enjoy them and sing along to 'Bring me sunshine' Particularly towards the end when Eric kept getting left out of it.

However as it was one of my Dad's favorite songs it was played at his funeral as his coffin was taken out of the church so I now left wanting to both smile and cry when I hear it.

It's that sort of song - light and frothy, but with potential for much deeper emotion if you think about it.

Thinking about it, I think it was Hannah Gordon singing Windmills in the sketch I mentioned before.

OP
OP
captain nemo1701

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
At the end of most shows, Ernie would be on stage by himself and try to launch into some routine when Eric would stride past at the rear of the set, coat and cloth cap on, obviously on his way home. He'd walk up to Ernie and tell him to stop etc, as the show was over.

Also, that harmonica player who would run on at teh very end, start some tune only to be cut-off part way in.

Maz

Guru
Remember when then went over to ITV?...The Thames Television intro tune had lyrics: Here they are now, Morecambe and Wise.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I liked it when Ernie dressed up as Mark Anthony tried to dive onto Glenda Jackson dressed up as Cleopatra lying on a chaise longue, but she was too quick.

betty swollocks

large member
They were sitting on their sofa in their flat.
I forget the circumstances, but Ernie rips up some paper (a script of one of his 'plays' perhaps?) and tosses the shards into the air. One of them comes to rest on his head.
Eric (quick as a flash) "Oi! That wasn't in the rehearsals."

Inspired improvisation.

Top Bottom